The returning candidate application must be completed by previous and current scholarship award recipients or students who had applied for a scholarship previously and were awarded.
Students who are in their first, second, or third year of their post-secondary education and are first-time applicants must apply using the new scholarship application. You will find award details, application guidelines and eligibility criteria below.
At 1st Veterans Kids Care, our purpose is to enrich the lives of our members, their families, and their communities. We understand the high costs associated with post-secondary education and want to award students for their hard work by providing them with the opportunity to receive a Competitive Scholarship award. We offer up to 10 tuition scholarships of up to $2,500 each year to young leaders who demonstrate exceptional leadership through community service and a commitment to academics.
Application deadline: February 25, 2022
Scholarship recipients notified: By June 6, 2022
Scholarship funds issued: By August 5, 2022
1. 1st Veterans Kids Care awards up to 10 scholarships (each worth up to $2,500 in local currency) each year; recipients may be granted up to $10,000 over four years.
2. The scholarships will be applied to tuition only for undergraduate study at accredited, non-profit two or four-year colleges/universities or vocational/technical schools.
3. Students are awarded one award per academic year.
4. The award must be used for the academic year it was awarded unless winners submit a formal request to have the award deferred.
5. Recipients may transfer from one eligible post-secondary institution to another and retain the award so long as they have proof of transcript from their current institution.
6. If recipients have other scholarships or subsidies which cover portions of tuition costs, 1st Veterans Kids Care will provide a scholarship which will amount to the lesser of: $2,500 or the recipient’s remaining tuition requirements for that given academic year.
The following restrictions apply to the scholarship award:
1. Applicants whose applications have been declined are able to apply for a Competitive Scholarship up to three times by completing the returning candidate application until such time as the recipient’s first post-secondary degree or equivalent is earned at which point the applicants will no longer be eligible for a Competitive Scholarship.
2. The scholarship is applicable only to the first post-secondary degree or diploma sought by the recipient.
3. If the sponsoring member passes away after the scholarship is awarded, the recipient will still receive the scholarship if he/she meets the requirements under Parts A and B of the “Eligibility” Section of these guidelines for new candidates and, in subsequent years, meets the criteria for returning candidates.
4. The scholarship is applicable only to the first post-secondary degree or diploma sought by the recipient.
5. Membership status and eligibility is verified at different stages of the application period and throughout the year.
Once you have completed the application, the essay of your goals addressing your reason for pursuing your undergraduate study and a copy of your Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA), you can submit the information to www.1stveteranskidscare.org or www.fvrtc.org.
You are responsible for making sure that you have successfully submitted all required application components before the deadline. 1st Veterans Kids Care is not responsible for information that is late, unsuccessfully submitted or inaccurately completed.
Application Period: December 1, 2021, to February 25, 2022
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022